Come learn all about honey and honey extraction, sample unique honeys from around the world, and meet our honey bees!
In this workshop, you’ll get hands-on experience learning how to extract honey using traditional and modern methods. The honey is from our urban beehives in Halifax which you’ll get to extract a raw, unpasteurized jar to take home! You’ll also get to sample a selection of unique honeys from around the world while learning how to sensory evaluate honey!
We’ll have a glass observation hive at the shop, so you’ll get to meet our honey bees up close! (Please note: This part of the workshop is weather dependent as we won’t be able to transport our bees if it’s raining).
Of course, since it’s being hosted at a dessert shop, we’ll be serving honey cookies and lilac tea!
Cost: $45 per person (12 spaces available)
Date: Saturday, June 25th
Location: Something Sweet Dessert Shop, 1525 LeMarchant Street, Halifax, NS B3H 3R2
Out of stock
- Educational workshop on honey and honey extraction using 2 methods
- Hands-on experience extracting honey
- Sensory evaluation of 6 different unique honeys from around the world
- Lilac tea and honey cookie
- 250 mL jar of raw, unpasteurized honey
- Viewing of live honey bees through a glass observation hive